Boynton Beach Brain & Head Injury Lawyer
Regardless of the kind of accident you’ve been injured in, brain and head injuries are among the most serious injuries you can suffer, and they are also the most unpredictable. If someone else’s negligence causes you – or your loved one – to suffer a brain or head injury, it’s in the best interest of both you and your claim to consult with an experienced Boynton Beach personal injury attorney today.
Facts about Brain Injuries
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) shares that, in the United States, Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) and other forms of concussions are a primary cause of death and disability. Further, falls (such as slip and falls caused by negligent property owners) and traffic accidents (often caused by driver negligence) are the second-leading causes of all hospitalizations related to TBIs.
The statistics related to brain and head injuries are concerning and include:
- In 2014 alone, there were about 2.87 million emergency room visits, hospitalizations, and fatalities related to TBIs.
- There were about 288,000 hospitalizations in 2014 that were diagnosed as TBIs.
- In the years from 2006 to 2014, hospitalizations overall decreased by about 8 percent (and death rates decreased by about 6 percent), but emergency visits driven by traumatic brain injuries increased by 54 percent.
The damages associated with brain and head injuries tend to be hefty and can include:
- Medical Costs – As described, TBIs are so serious that they tend to lead to costly hospitalizations. Your total damages can include emergency care, surgery and aftercare, rehabilitation, prescription medications, and much more. Brain injuries often lead to long-term health consequences that can mean a lifetime of medical expenses.
- Lost Wages – A traumatic brain injury or another kind of head injury can keep you out of work for a significant amount of time – if you’re able to return at all. The consequences of these injuries are so unpredictable that the results can leave you unable to continue on your current career path. Because our careers are so integrally entwined with our sense of self, this can be especially difficult to overcome.
- Pain and Suffering – The physical and emotional pain and suffering associated with a brain injury is difficult to overstate. Many sufferers compare the results to an altered sense of personal self, which is hard to even imagine. Our brains house our personalities, and when that is artificially altered, it can feel like an insurmountable hurdle.
Consult with an Experienced Boynton Beach Head Injury Attorney Today
If someone else’s negligence leaves you with a brain or head injury, you need the professional legal guidance that the dedicated personal injury attorneys at Demand the Limits Personal Injury Attorneys in Boynton Beach can offer. Our intrepid legal team is poised to erect your most robust claim in pursuit of compensation that covers your complete physical, financial, and emotional damages – in support of your rights and your fullest recovery. To schedule a free consultation, please don’t hesitate tocontact us online or call us at (561) 853-2137 today.