Boca Raton Slip & Fall Accident Lawyer
When you think about slipping and falling, you probably don’t picture dangerous accidents, but the truth is that slip and fall accidents can cause surprisingly serious injuries. When you head out to do your grocery shopping, to have lunch with friends, or to do any of the myriad activities that comprise your days, the last thing you expect is to be injured in the process. In fact, the owners and managers of those businesses you frequent owe you, as a guest, reasonably safe conditions to help guarantee your reasonably safe visit. If someone else’s negligence leaves you injured in a slip and fall, you owe it to yourself and to your case to work closely with an experienced Boca Raton slip and fall accident lawyer.
Common Causes of Slip and Falls
Slip and fall accidents can be the result of any number of causes, but some of the most common include:
- Parking lots and outside walkways that are cracked, buckled, or otherwise worn and uneven, litter or debris-strewn, or made slippery by the effects of inclement weather that isn’t tended to
- Entryways that are made slippery by tracked-in weather and/or debris or that have uneven or dangerously worn or uneven walking surfaces
- Stairwells that are poorly lit, are badly worn, are littered with debris, have inadequate handrails, or are poorly designed
- Indoor walkways that have naturally slippery surfaces, are made slippery by spills that go unchecked, are poorly lit, are debris-strewn, and more
Any of these can precipitate a dangerous slip and fall accident that you simply didn’t see coming.
You Are an Invitee
When you enter a restaurant, you are a guest of that restaurant – or, in the eyes of the law, are an invitee. Similarly, when you enter your dentist’s office or any other office where you are engaging in business, you’re an invitee who is owed the highest duty of care. The owner or manager owes you a duty of safety and is responsible for monitoring the space for potential hazards and attending to any safety issues.
The impact of slip and fall accidents – in which you suddenly lose your balance and hit the ground with full force – can be significant. Falls from heights, such as stairs, are even more dangerous. Injuries that are commonly associated with these accidents include:
- Broken bones
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries, such as concussions
- Neck and back injuries
Any one of these injuries can have long-lasting consequences that reverberate into your future. The financial, physical, and emotional consequences of a serious slip and fall accident can be overwhelming and should never be discounted.
Don’t Delay Consulting with an Experienced Boca Raton Slip and Fall Lawyer
If you’ve been injured in a slip and fall accident that was caused by someone else’s negligence, you need the experienced legal counsel of the Boca Raton slip and fall attorneys at Demand the Limits Personal Injury Attorneys. Our dedicated legal team has the considerable experience and resources necessary to help you obtain the compensation to which you are entitled. We’re here for you, so please don’t hesitate to contact us online or call us at (561) 600-3555 to schedule a free consultation today.