Boca Raton Construction Accident Lawyers
Construction work is among the most dangerous occupations out there, and construction accidents are often catastrophic. Construction sites tend to include heavy equipment, powerful tools, multiple electric lines, scaffolding, ladders, and more, and all of these components help ensure that any ensuing accidents are especially dangerous. If you’ve been injured in a construction accident, it’s time to consult with an experienced Boca Raton workers’ compensation attorney.
Construction Accidents: The Statistics
OSHA shares several important statistics related to construction accidents for a recent year in the U.S, including:
- Of the 4,779 private industry worker fatalities in 2018, more than 21 percent were in the construction industry.
- The leading cause of construction-accident fatalities – by far – is falls (35.5 percent).
- After falls come accidents that involve being struck by a falling object (11.1 percent).
- Electrocutions are the next most dangerous type of construction-related accidents (8.5 percent).
- Finally, accidents involving being caught in or between heavy equipment or objects account for 5.5 percent of the total construction-accident fatalities.
Safety Standard Violations
OSHA also shares those standard violations that are most closely associated with dangerous accidents on the job, which include:
- Inadequate fall-protection gear
- Failure to effectively communicate hazards
- Scaffolding that fails to meet general safety requirements
- Failure to provide adequate respiratory protection
- Ladders that fail to meet general safety requirements
- Failure to adequately control hazardous energy
- Failure to provide adequate training for fall protection
- Failure to provide adequate face and eye protection
Construction Accidents and Liability
Construction companies are expected to adhere to all of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration’s (OSHA’s) safety compliance requirements, though some accidents can happen even if all safety rules were followed. No matter what caused the accident, injured workers should be entitled to workers’ compensation benefits for medical expenses and lost income from missed work. This is because workers’ compensation coverage is not based on fault.
Further, if the negligence of any third-party entities was responsible for your injuries on the job, you may have a viable third-party personal injury claim against the at-fault party, such as:
- The property owner of the construction site
- A subcontractor
- A construction site engineer
- The designer of a faultily designed piece of equipment or the manufacturer of a faultily manufactured piece of equipment
If your accident was not caused by the negligence of an at-fault third party, your path toward compensation will be limited to workers’ compensation. Because obtaining the compensation you need to restore your health and well-being is critical, working closely with a dedicated Boca Raton workers’ compensation attorney is well-advised.
You Need an Experienced Boca Raton Workers’ Compensation Lawyer on Your Side
If you’re a construction worker who’s been injured on the job, obtaining just compensation and benefits is essential to your ability to fully heal. The dedicated Boca Raton workers’ compensation attorneys at Demand the Limits Personal Injury Attorneys not only have the necessary experience but also have the drive required to effectively advocate for your claim’s most favorable resolution. We’re here for you, so please don’t hesitate to contact us online or call us at (561) 600-3555 to schedule a free consultation today.