Boca Raton Catastrophic Injury Attorneys
A catastrophic injury often leads to an incredibly altered future. If you or someone you love has suffered a devastating injury, you might not realize that you are likely entitled to compensation. These types of injuries can lead to you losing your job and, in most cases, being unable to partake in the activities you’re used to. Every year, thousands upon thousands of catastrophic injuries occur from a mirage of activities, including work-related accidents, traffic crashes, and even sporting events.
Insurance will often only cover you up to a certain point, and with a catastrophic injury, you or your loved one might need care and assistance indefinitely. It will be in your best interest to utilize the services of a Boca Raton catastrophic injury lawyer if you feel you could have a valid case. Our attorneys can help you attain compensation, which can help with the heavy financial burdens associated with these types of injuries.
What Are the Causes of Catastrophic Injuries?
With catastrophic injuries, there are a few common causes. Below we will look at the most common types of accidents that result in catastrophic injuries. Then you can assess if one of them is perhaps what caused you or your loved one’s injuries.
- Truck accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Defective product accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Car and motorcycle accidents
- Construction site accidents
What Constitutes A Catastrophic Injury?
Before we look at the various types of catastrophic injuries, it’s essential to know what constitutes this kind of injury. In most instances, catastrophic injuries are those that affect vital bodily functions. When considering a catastrophic injury’s legal definition, it states that the injury must permanently prevent a person from attaining or conducting gainful work. It must also have a direct and proximate consequence. In essence, the injury needs to be incredibly severe and leave a victim with permanent damage to be considered catastrophic.
Types of Catastrophic Injuries
Catastrophic injuries fall into many categories. Below we will look at the categories and the types of injuries that may be considered catastrophic. Remember, the known extent of an injury can change as it’s not always apparent how severe an injury is. It might not be immediately apparent, so it’s important to always discuss medical matters with your doctor and attorney should you experience new symptoms.
- Traumatic head and brain injuries: Traumatic head and brain injuries are possibly one of the worst injuries a person can get when involved in an accident. This injury can result in loss of speech, paralysis, and impairment of certain bodily functions.
- Amputation injuries: Certain injuries sustained can result in a loss of a limb or a need for amputation. These injuries can fall into the catastrophic category.
- Spinal cord injuries: These injuries often leave nerve damage and can leave a victim suffering from chronic pain for the rest of their life. Additionally, this type of injury can also result in partial or full paralysis.
- Blunt abdominal trauma injuries: Abdominal injuries from blunt force trauma can be severe and life-threatening. Injuries caused by this commonly affect the liver, spleen, kidneys, and even lungs.
- Severe burn injuries: Burn injuries can be incredibly painful and result in the victim needing skin grafts and, in some instances, reconstructive surgery. Not only can burns cause scarring, but they can also cause the afflicted limbs to be impaired.
Get in Touch With a Boca Raton Catastrophic Injury Attorney Today To Discuss Your Claim
Demand the Limits Personal Injury Lawyers are here for you if you or someone you love has been left with a catastrophic injury. We know how important it is to seek compensation to help with financial strain should you have been involved in an accident in Boca Raton. Catastrophic injuries often result in an incredibly stressful experience; that’s why we always endeavor to provide only the best service to our clients. Contact us today to speak to a personal injury lawyer who can help you understand the claims process, enlighten you of what your options are and whether you qualify for compensation.