Boynton Beach Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
567 pedestrian crashes occurred in Palm Beach County in 2021. These resulted in 453 injuries and 51 deaths. Tragically, most of these pedestrian deaths and injuries could’ve been prevented if only motorists paid proper attention. Therefore, the Boynton Beach pedestrian accident attorneys of Demand the Limits are committed to holding negligent motorists liable for the injuries and deaths they cause.
Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents in Florida
Most pedestrian crashes in Boynton Beach causing severe injuries or deaths are preventable and are usually the direct result of drivers’ negligent actions. They fail to exercise reasonable care when driving, consequently violating the legal duty of care they owe to pedestrians, bicyclists, and other road users. Pedestrian crashes are typically caused by:
- Distracted Driving – The law bans the use of any wireless communication device when driving. But this does not stop all motorists from using their cell phones or engaging in other distracted driving practices.
- Speeding – All drivers have a duty to always focus on the road when driving to avoid potential and actual hazards. This means not only following the posted speed limits but also considering all the existing conditions, including the presence of pedestrians, around them.
- Failure to Yield – All vehicles that enter intersections with a yield or stop sign must do so at the marked lines. Drivers must also follow the right-of-way laws to avoid crashing into pedestrians.
- Failing to Follow Traffic Control Devices – Drivers must always follow traffic control devices and not run stoplights or red lights.
- Drunk Driving – Drunk driving is a criminal offense. It is illegal to drive while drunk or high on drugs because it can easily impair the driver’s faculties, slow down their reaction time, and increase their chances of crashing into innocent pedestrians.
Compensation for Florida Pedestrian Accidents
All pedestrian accidents are unique, which means that the damages and compensation amount of victims will greatly differ from one case to the next. Generally, these factors will be considered when estimating the compensation and damages that you can recover:
- The total amount of your medical expenses and whether you suffered permanent injuries and will require future medical care.
- The extent of your injuries and whether you’ll make a full recovery.
- The insurance policy of the at-fault party.
- Your lost wages and the possibility of lost earning capacity.
- How your injuries affect your daily life, activities, and relationships.
- The pain, suffering, emotional distress, and other mental effects related to the accident.
- The degree of fault of the liable party.
- The evidence that will support your claim for compensation.
- Whether you were negligent during the accident and if your negligence played a role in the accident.
Consult with Our Experienced Boynton Beach Pedestrian Accident Attorneys Now
Costly medical bills, lost wages, and other injury-related losses can easily lay waste on your finances and your entire life. If you have been hurt in a pedestrian accident, contact Demand the Limits immediately. Out Boynton Beach pedestrian accident attorneys are committed to maximizing your financial recovery and safeguarding your legal rights. Schedule your free case evaluation by contacting us online or calling 561-853-2137.