Boca Raton Head On Crash Accident Lawyer
It is difficult to conjure a more dangerous or terrifying accident than a head-on traffic accident, and the statistics bear this out. The damage wrought by head-on accidents tends to be immense, and recovery can be exceptionally difficult. If another driver’s negligence leaves you injured in a head-on accident, it’s time to consult with an experienced Boca Raton head-on accident attorney.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), all of the following sobering statistics apply to head-on collisions:
- In a recent year, head-on collisions accounted for only 2.7 percent of total traffic accidents but were responsible for 10.9 percent of all fatal accidents and 4.7 percent of all traffic-related injuries on our roads.
- Head-on collisions caused 3,613 deaths and about 91,000 injuries in that same year.
- There were 192,000 head-on collisions reported in one year.
While head-on collisions are the least common car accidents out there, they more than make up for this in terms of the immense risk involved.
Common Causes of Head-On Collisions
While every traffic accident is unique to the situation at hand, head-on collisions are generally caused when a motorist leaves his or her lane of traffic (or enters the roadway traveling in the wrong direction). These kinds of dangerous errors are typically the result of serious negligence, such as the following:
- Distraction – Distracted drivers do not pay adequate attention to what is going on around them, which can lead to drifting into – or even veering into – the wrong lane, which sets the stage for head-on accidents.
- Impairment – Drunk drivers suffer physical, cognitive, and even visual impairments, which make head-on collisions far more likely. Because alcohol also loosens inhibitions and reduces impulse control, drunk driving is about as dangerous as it gets, and drunk drivers are all too often the cause of fatal accidents, such as head-on collisions. Drivers who do end up barreling down the road traveling in the wrong direction are often under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs.
- Excess Speed – When motorists drive too fast, they make dangerous accidents more likely, and they help to ensure the accidents will be deadly accidents, such as head-on collisions.
- Exhaustion – Exhausted drivers can experience many of the same impairments that drunk drivers do, and one of the hallmarks of drowsy driving is drifting from one’s lane.
- Aggression – Aggressive drivers tend to think nothing of passing dangerously, and when one zips around another vehicle into oncoming traffic, a head-on collision can happen.
You Need an Experienced Boca Raton Head-On Accident Attorney on Your Side
The trusted Boca Raton head-on accident attorneys at Demand the Limits Personal Injury Attorneys recognize the gravity of head-on collision cases and dedicate their practice to helping clients like you obtain just compensation that covers their full range of physical, financial, and emotional damages. We are here to help, so please do not wait to contact us online or call us at (561) 853-2137 to schedule your free consultation today.