Boca Raton Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
When you head out on foot, you’re thinking about enjoying the beautiful Boca Raton weather and fine scenery – not about being injured in a pedestrian accident. The fact is that pedestrian accidents are not uncommon, and they are among the most dangerous traffic accidents out there. If a negligent motorist leaves you injured in a pedestrian accident, discuss your legal options with an experienced Boca Raton pedestrian accident lawyer today.
Risks Inherent to Pedestrians
When you are walking, absolutely nothing comes between you and the impact of a car accident. You don’t have the protective shell of a car or even the bike helmet that cyclists wear. This makes pedestrian accidents exceedingly dangerous – and often deadly – accidents.
A growing concern on our roadway is distracted drivers. When we get behind the wheel, we take on the immense responsibility of driving safely, and this requires our complete attention. Drivers who allow their attention to land on anything other than driving safely are dangerous drivers who make our roadways less safe for everyone who travels on them – including pedestrians. Smartphone usage is an especially dangerous and prevalent distraction that engages one’s thoughts, sight, and hearing (a trifecta of dangers).
Anytime you are a pedestrian, it’s important to remember that there are pedestrian laws in place to help keep you safe out there. These include:
- You are required to obey all pedestrian signs, lights, and signals – unless they are overridden by a police official directing you to do otherwise.
- If there’s a sidewalk available, you should use it. If there’s no sidewalk or it’s under construction, you should walk on the road’s left shoulder (facing traffic).
- When crossing the road, you are required to obey all pedestrian signals and signs, to stay on the curb until the traffic light signals otherwise, and whenever possible, to stick to the right-most half of the crosswalk.
The fact is that you are extremely vulnerable to injury when you are on foot, and obeying the rules of the road is the most effective means of reducing your risk.
Damages from Pedestrian Accidents
If a motorist leaves you injured in a pedestrian accident, your damages are likely to be immense, including:
- Medical expenses that can range from emergency transportation through surgery, follow-up care, and beyond
- Lost wages that can lead to a diminished earning potential
- Pain and suffering
All told, the physical, financial, and emotional consequences of a pedestrian accident can be overwhelming. Obtaining compensation that covers your damages in their entirety, however, can help you reach your most complete recovery.
Consult with an Experienced Boca Raton Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Today
The Boca Raton pedestrian accident attorneys at Demand the Limits Personal Injury Attorneys are committed to aggressively advocating on behalf of your rights for the compensation to which you are entitled. Our dedicated legal team has the experience and fortitude to help, so please don’t hesitate to contact us online or call us at (561) 600-3555 to schedule a free consultation today.