Boca Raton Bicycle Accident Lawyers
Riding your bike is a great way to get around our city while also getting some exercise and reducing your carbon footprint. The downside to all of this is that bike accidents happen, and they are some of the most dangerous traffic accidents on our roads. If a motorist’s negligence leaves you injured in a bike accident, an experienced Boca Raton bicycle accident lawyer can help.
Bike Accidents in Boca Raton
When you are on your bike, you join the flow of traffic, but you are much more vulnerable to dangerous accidents. And if an accident does ensue, you have nothing but your bike helmet to protect you from the immense impact of an accident that involves a much heavier vehicle. Further, because you and your bike strike a relatively small presence on the roadway, other drivers are that much more likely not to see you. When you are riding your bike, always make riding safely your top priority.
Bike accidents are often caused by driver negligence, which can come in a variety of dangerous forms, including:
- Distraction – The problem of distracted drivers is becoming more and more prevalent. As we become ever-more dependent upon our smartphones, some drivers make the dangerous decision to stay connected behind the wheel, which can be a deadly mistake. When you are on your bike, you’re more difficult to see to begin with, but a distracted driver may fail to see you at all.
- Impairment – Alcohol and driving are a dangerous combination, and drivers who make the phenomenally bad decision to get behind the wheel while under the influence put everyone on the roadway at risk, including bicyclists.
- Speed – Excessive speed plays a significant role in many of the deadliest accidents on our highways. Bike accidents that involve high speeds are that much more dangerous.
- Aggression – Aggressive drivers are dangerous drivers who tend to engage in multiple dangerous practices in any given driving excursion. Because aggressive drivers seem to think the road is for their own private use – as they weave in and out of traffic –they imperil bicyclists in their midst.
Bike Accident Statistics
The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) shares several important statistics (based on data from 2018) related to bike accidents, including:
- Approximately two percent of all traffic accident fatalities are bicyclists.
- Bike fatalities have tripled since 1975 for those who are 20 years old and older.
- The majority of bike fatalities involve serious head injuries.
It’s Time to Consult with an Experienced Boca Raton Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Bike accidents are highly dangerous accidents that often leave their victims facing serious physical, financial, and emotional damages. If a motorist’s negligence leaves you injured in a bike accident, the dedicated bicycle accident lawyers at Demand the Limits Personal Injury Attorneys in Boca Raton have extensive experience successfully guiding cases like yours toward optimal resolutions. Your case is important to us, so please don’t hesitate to contact us online or call us at (561) 600-3555 to schedule a free consultation today.