Although true “accidents” do occur, many injuries are the result of negligent or wrongful conduct on the part of another person or entity. When someone is injured in one of these preventable personal injury accidents, the injured victim may be entitled to compensation from the responsible party.
Personal injury accidents can happen under a wide range of circumstances, including car accidents, amusement park accidents, and injuries caused by defective products, just to name a few scenarios. The unifying thread in all Boca Raton personal injury accidents is that the negligent or wrongful conduct of another party caused or contributed to the accident, resulting in physical, emotional, and financial injury to the victim.
If you or a loved one were injured in a Boca Raton personal injury accident, you are likely facing numerous challenges, including trying to locate medical care for your injuries, addressing mounting financial pressure, and contemplating how to navigate an unfamiliar legal system in an attempt to seek compensation for your injuries. The good news is that you do not have to face these challenges alone. An experienced Boca Raton personal injury lawyer at Demand the Limits can help you. We are dedicated to holding at-fault parties responsible and to helping injured victims recover compensation for the physical injuries and psychological trauma they have suffered in a Boca Raton personal injury accident. Let us put our extensive experience, significant resources, and unwavering commitment to work helping you after a Boca Raton accident.
How Do I Know If I Was Injured in a Personal Injury Accident?
It is easy enough to know that you were injured in an accident; however, how do you know if that accident qualifies as a compensable personal injury accident? The best way to know with certainty is to talk to a Boca Raton personal injury lawyer about the details of your accident and injuries. It also helps to understand the basics of “tort” law, which is the area of the law that allows one party to seek monetary compensation from another party for personal injuries and/or property damage. Within tort law, there are three ways in which a party may be held legally liable for injuries sustained in a personal injury “accident,” including:
- Strict liability. Strict liability imposes liability based solely on injury to the victim without regard to a party’s mental state or their intentions. In the State of Florida, strict liability applies to injuries caused by defective products, animal attacks, and inherently dangerous activities (such as the use of explosives).
- Intentional conduct. A party may also be held liable for injuries caused by the party’s intentionally wrong conduct. Assault is the classic example of a personal injury lawsuit based on intentional conduct.
- Negligence. Negligence is the basis for liability in most personal injury accident lawsuits. Four elements are required to prove negligence:
- Duty of care. A legal duty of care to take reasonable steps to prevent harm, such as the duty a business owner owes to visitors.
- Breach of the duty of care. A breach of the duty of care must be shown, such as a business owner’s failure to remove or repair hazardous conditions on the property.
- Causation. The breach of duty must have caused or contributed to the victim’s injuries.
- Damages. The party’s breach of duty must result in damages (injuries) to the victim.
What Are Some Common Personal Injury Accidents?
There are a wide variety of scenarios and circumstances that can lead to a party’s legal liability for injuries in a Boca Raton personal injury accident, such as:
- Car Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Boat and Jet Ski Accidents
- Premises Liability Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Children’s Injuries
- Amusement Park Accidents
- Defective Products
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Train Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Medical Malpractice
- Pool and Drowning Accidents
- Birth Injuries
- Slip and Fall Injuries
- Wrongful Death Claims
What Compensation Is Available in a Boca Raton Personal Injury Accident Lawsuit?
If you were injured in an actionable Boca Raton personal injury accident, you could be entitled to compensation from the at-fault party (or parties) in the form of both economic and non-economic damages. Economic damages are intended to compensate a victim for the objective expenses related to the accident, such as doctor and hospital bills, the cost of therapy and rehabilitation, and expenses related to repairing or replacing personal property damages in the accident. Non-economic damages cover subjective injuries, including pain and suffering, scarring and disfigurement, and mental anguish.
If you lost a parent or child who was fatally injured in a Boca Raton personal injury accident, you may be eligible for compensation for the loss of companionship, lost financial support, emotional suffering, and other damages in a Florida wrongful death lawsuit.
Why Is It Important to Have an Experienced Boca Raton Personal Injury Accident Lawyer Help You?
The days, weeks, and months following a Boca Raton personal injury accident are often challenging and chaotic. It can be difficult to know where to turn and what to do to address your physical and emotional injuries as well as your financial difficulties. Having an experienced Boca Raton personal injury lawyer on your side is the key to navigating the legal landscape that must be traversed to secure compensation for your injuries. The team at Demand the Limits will work tirelessly to hold the at-fault party or parties accountable and recover the maximum compensation possible for all your injuries. You can count on your Boca Raton personal injury accident lawyer to:
- Help you locate medical care and treatment for all your injuries.
- Analyze the facts and circumstances of your accident.
- Conduct an independent investigation if necessary.
- Identify the at-fault party or parties.
- Gather evidence to support your claim of negligence or wrongful conduct.
- Keep track of relevant deadlines.
- Negotiate an advantageous out-of-court settlement when possible.
- Zealously advocate on your behalf in court when a settlement is not forthcoming.
At Demand the Limits, we are committed to aggressively pursuing personal injury accident cases. Our experienced Boca Raton personal injury accident lawyers have extensive experience with all types of accident cases. We fight hard to defend the legal rights of all Boca Raton injury victims. Call (561) 600-3555 or contact us online to schedule your free case evaluation. Don’t delay – the sooner you have an attorney fighting for you, the better protected your legal rights will be.