When a motorcyclist is involved in a crash with cars, SUVs, or trucks, the aftermath can be very tragic. The lives of motorcyclists who do survive a crash can change in a heartbeat. One second they are riding down the roadway, and the next, they are buried in a mountain of medical debt, struggling with an extensive and painful recovery, out of work, and wondering if their life will ever be the same again.
Although an insurance claim or personal injury claim against the motorist that caused the accident cannot possibly undo the harm you suffered, you can receive fair compensation from these claims to help you pay for all your medical treatments, debts, and other financial burdens stemming from the crash.
Economic Damages in a Motorcycle Accident
Economic damages are damages that financially compensate injured individuals for the out-of-pocket costs they incurred due to the motorcycle crash. These can include:
- Medical expenses
- Lost earnings and future lost earnings reduced to the present value
- Loss of services and support
- Replacement or repair costs of lost or damaged property
- Other financial losses that wouldn’t have happened had the accident never occurred.
Non-economic Damages in a Motorcycle Accident
Aside from economic damages, injured motorcyclists can likewise receive compensation for non-economic damages, which compensate injured individuals for non-monetary losses associated with the accident. Non-economic damages usually make up the bulk of the compensation received in a personal injury settlement or lawsuit. These can include:
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering
- Physical impairment
- Mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Other non-financial losses that wouldn’t have happened if the motorcycle crash never happened.
In addition, surviving family members of individuals who were killed in a motorcycle crash because of someone else’s negligent actions may have a claim for additional damages under the state’s wrongful death act. These damages typically include:
- Funeral or medical bills
- For children of the deceased – mental suffering and pain and lost parental guidance, companionship, and instruction.
- For the spouse of the deceased – mental suffering and pain and loss of protection and companionship
- Surviving family members may likewise receive the value of lost services and support from the deceased’s injury date to their death, including interest, and loss of future services and support from the deceased’s date of death, reduced to the present value.
Speak to a Skilled Boynton Beach Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Now
Demand The Limits can provide legal guidance on whatever you are going through following a motorcycle accident. Our Boynton Beach motorcycle accident lawyer can investigate your accident thoroughly and determine whether you qualify for compensation due to the injuries you suffered because of someone else’s negligent actions. Leave it to us to secure the compensation you deserve for your motorcycle accident damages.
You can discuss your accident and options for recovering compensation with our Boynton Beach motorcycle accident lawyer at your convenience. We can also help you bring a wrongful death claim if a family member was killed in a motorcycle crash. To arrange a free consultation, you can reach us online or call our office at 561-853-2137.