Medical Costs after an Uber or Lyft Accident
We Seek Maximum Compensation for Injured Rideshare Accident Victims in Broward and Palm Beach Counties
Many people choose Uber or Lyft over other forms of transportation because they are convenient and affordable. However, you likely do not imagine that a short Uber ride will result in thousands of dollars in medical bills. Sadly, this is the reality for many people who are involved in serious accidents involving rideshare vehicles.
You can suffer serious injuries whether you were an Uber or Lyft passenger, or you were in a different car that collided with the Uber or Lyft. In either case, you should receive full compensation for your medical costs and other losses. Our legal team at Demand the Limits knows how to stand up for accident victims in and around West Palm Beach, Delray Beach, and Boca Raton. Call us today for more information.
Common Medical Expenses after a Rideshare Accident
All traffic accidents have the potential to result in serious injuries that require medical treatment. Some people may need emergency transportation while others can make an appointment with their doctor. Some injuries heal after a few weeks and others have permanent effects. One thing that injured accident victims have in common is that they should know their options for seeking compensation for their medical costs.
Some medical costs that can result from an Uber or Lyft crash include:
- Emergency treatment - After a serious car accident, emergency medical technicians may want to transport you in an ambulance or even a medevac helicopter. Even if you do not need emergency transportation, you may need to head straight to the emergency room from the accident scene. Doctors will perform diagnostic tests to identify all of your injuries and prescribe the right treatment.
- Hospitalization - Some serious injuries such as spinal injuries, internal injuries, or severe traumatic brain injuries may result in being admitted to the hospital right away. Some accident victims may need to spend time in intensive care or remain in the hospital for monitoring after surgery.
- Surgical procedures - It may be necessary for you to have surgery for certain car accident injuries, including compound fractures.
- Medication and medical equipment - After an injury, medication can help you manage pain and fight off possible infections. You may also need medical equipment to help you get around, which can range from crutches and air casts to wheelchairs, among other items.
- Rehabilitative therapy - Injuries often require physical and/or occupational therapy so you can regain strength and movement abilities in your injured body part.
Some people may require ongoing medical treatment long after an insurance claim wraps up. Our attorneys know how to seek compensation for your future medical expenses, as well.
Learn How Our South Florida Uber and Lyft Injury Lawyers Can Help
At Demand the Limits, our rideshare accident attorneys make sure our clients receive the maximum amount of compensation possible in their specific claim. After an Uber or Lyft crash in Broward County or Palm Beach County, call 561-600-3555 or contact us online today.